This is the first year since 2006 I have not dressed up for Halloween and I can't say I really mind. I miss the fun Cornerstone parties, but dressing up was always somewhat stressful for me. There was pressure to have an awesome costume and I always felt like I wasn't creative enough. I did win a costume party in 2008 when I dressed up as Tina Fey impersonating Sarah Palin. I was particularly fond of that one because not only did I decide to do it two days beforehand, but it was cheap and super easy to find. Plus I really looked the part. In honor of Halloween, here are some photos from the years of Erik and me in costumes. Enjoy!
 |
| Me as Big Bird with my mom and grandma. |
 |
| Erik and his brother as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. |
 |
| Me as a leopard with my grandma. |
 |
| Erik as a leopard/cheetah? |
 |
| And jumping to the college years...Me as Belle (from Beauty & the Beast) with Katie (Cinderella) and Dunny (Snow White) in 2006. |
 |
| Malibu Barbie! (2007) |
 |
| Me as Tina Fey being Sarah Palin with some friends in 2008. |
 |
| Punky Brewster last year, 2009. |
 |
| Erik as Captain Kirk last year. |
 |
| Us with our sweet "Harry Potter" pumpkin this past Friday. |
Even though Erik and I didn't dress up or go to any Halloween parties, we still had fun participating in a Halloween-themed event. Our life group got together on Friday to grill and eat dinner together and carve pumpkins. We chose a slightly difficult design, but it turned out fairly well. We carved "Harry Potter" into our pumpkin and it turned out being a lot harder than we anticipated. We had help from a few friends though and it ended up being better than I thought. Most of all, we had a great time with friends! So, what are some of your favorite Halloween memories, or some favorite or most embarrassing costumes you have had throughout the year? How are you celebrating Halloween this year? Are you dressing up or just doing something laidback?
Whatever you do today, I hope you have a great day and a happy Halloween!! I can't wait to see pictures of everyone dressed up in their costumes.
No comments:
Post a Comment