Monday, September 6, 2010

A Photographic "Weekend Update"

Happy Labor Day, everyone!! I got to spend the day with my hubby who would normally be working and at school most of the day and night, so I'd say it was a good day. =) We had a good weekend too. First, I want to start off with a few pictures from last weekend, thanks to our friend Mick Haupt, via Facebook.

A really cool shot of Orlando at dusk. Taken by Mick Haupt.


















Tears for Fears! Taken by Mick Haupt.

Taken by Mick Haupt.
This Saturday, we had the pleasure of getting to see Anberlin (one of our favorite bands) do a FREE acoustic set at this cool CD store in Orlando. Erik went the night before to see a band he likes. This could become a favorite place of ours!

Stephen Christian, lead singer of Anberlin, looking right at me!!



He really is amazing.




Erik and me after the show.

They played about six songs, but because they are from Orlando and love us so much, they decided to do something special and play a song from each CD they have out, including an old EP. It was awesome and made me love them even more! We were also the first crowd they ever played one of their new songs for. We've got it on video. =) They stayed after to do signings and kept saying that they wanted to meet everyone, but the wait was long and we had adult-like things to do.

I've been working on some things for H2O this weekend. I am helping one of the pastors create discipleship studies. The studies are already written, I am just helping with the design. It's been fun, but VERY time-consuming.
Saturday night, we went over to a new friend's house for a wine party. She has been fasting from alcohol for about six months and decided to break her fast with a big celebration. She has been around H2O for a long time and works at the GCM office, so she knows a lot of people. There were quite a few there, including a lot we don't know, so that was fun. There were even a few guys who were on staff at Illini Life (Chris Ridgeway and Mitch Jackson, for those who may know them) so we had fun talking about our friends from back home. Angie made a huge spread of delicious appetizers and desserts and you can tell she spent all day and stayed up late the night before preparing. Everything was amazing! There were tons of bottles of wine there, as everyone was supposed to bring one. We had a lot of fun and got to try some new wines!

We had a great weekend, thanks for reading about it! My testing at Campus Crusade for Christ is tomorrow, so please pray that goes well! If I impress them, I will get an interview on Friday. I'll keep you updated!
Us at the party, compliments of Angie's photos on Facebook.

No comments: