Well as you've all noticed, I've been absent from the blogosphere for quite a while. I had a few reasons for not updating. Part of it was just laziness, part of it was feeling like I had nothing worth writing about. I only have 6 followers and no one ever really comments, so it didn't feel worth it to take the time to write a post when I never got feedback and less than 50 people read it. But alas, I have returned. Who knows how long I'll continue to write, but I'm back for now! Too much has happened to update you on everything in the last 5 months, but here are the highlights:
In July we got to go to Disney and spend the day with our good friends Katie and Mike Gerber. We got in for free and it was Erik's first time. We did Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios and we had a blast! We even got to spend some time hanging out at Katie and Mike's resort pool, which was a nice break between the two parks.
At the end of August we moved. We found a two bedroom/two bathroom apartment with a washer and dryer, so it's a big upgrade from our one bedroom/one bath with no laundry in the unit. We also moved closer to my work because the commute was just terrible. We like our new place so far and the community it's in. Although we're a little farther from friends, it's just a minor inconvenience compared to the benefits.
Erik's mom and brother came for Labor Day weekend. We went to Disney again, but this time we got to Epcot and Magic Kingdom, so Erik has now been to all four parks. We also went to the beach and to Leu Gardens, a pretty cool little spot in Orlando. We had a good time visiting with them. We haven't seen my side of the family in 10 months, so it was nice to see family again.
September 14 marked six months at Charisma Media. I can't believe it's been that long!! I had my half-year review on Friday and it went really well. I am so blessed to be doing what I love. My team is great and I enjoy work almost every day. I am still the department's assistant, but I have faith that I'm where God wants me and that I'll get an upgrade soon enough.
This may seem minor, but we bought a bedroom set yesterday!! For the past 17 months our bed has been on the floor and we've used random pieces of furniture that do not match. One side table and the dresser were literally things people were going to throw away, but we kept them because we didn't have anything, haha. So it will be nice to finally feel like we've got an adult bedroom and actually have nice furniture in there. We got a headboard/footboard and rails, a dresser with a mirror and two nightstands and got a GREAT price. They were selling the floor model because they needed to make space for something else, so it was HALF off. It had only been in there for two weeks too, so it was in pretty good condition. It's getting delivered Tuesday morning, and I can't wait!
Well that's all I've got for now. I hope you enjoyed my blog. Feel free to leave some encouragements or comments below! The more people I know who read my blog, the more I will motivated to update it. I hope you all had a great weekend!!
3 comments:
I'm glad you're posting again. :)
One if the reasons I never comment on blogs of blogspot is because its google connected and I have to log out of my fully alive account and log into the Tracy account I never use just to comment.... It never works unless I do that! Its such a pain I just don't. Do its not you gina, its google....Hahahahaha.
But loved reading your updates. I usually do.
Love you! Can't water for pics of the new furniture.
Hey Gina!
Its Christina Causarano :)
I just saw on my feed from facebook what you were up to via Michelle's comment. Congrats for getting such an awesome job!! God is definitely so faithful and has an awesome plan for our lives! Great article!
Post a Comment