With the heat index it is almost 100 degrees, and yet here I sit shivering and covered in goosebumps. Apparently, Starbuck's likes to keep their stores at the same temperature I keep my refrigerator. And of course I can't step outside for a blast of heat because it's pouring outside. Boo hoo, right? At least it won't snow in the winter. Blah blah blah.
Even though I signed up for an appointment on the 12th to get internet installed, we somehow got signed up for the 15th. That's right, they're going to install our internet on a Sunday. So much for the Sabbath, huh? At least I won't have to keep crashing coffee shops.
I've been feeling discouraged lately because I haven't heard anything about jobs. It's only been a couple days, but I'm getting antsy. I'm just really worried that I will have to work at Applebee's again. I know everyone keeps saying, "At least you'll be bringing money in!" Those people don't understand just how much I hated it there. I'm not complaining and I'm not trying to whine. Really. My job wasn't all bad, but after a year I just don't think I can continue taking people treating me like dirt. The money is so inconsistent, and I just need to find something better. Please continue to pray that I can. I've applied to a few jobs that I think I will like and am confident I will do well at. Let's just hope they think so too, and at least call me for an interview.
On to happier things...we are attending a Home Fellowship tonight for H20. I'm excited. I hope we can meet some really great people who we feel comfortable being in a community with. Maybe I'll even make some friends. =)
Thanks for reading everyone! Hopefully my next post will be from my own home with my own internet...and I'll try to make it a little cheerier, I promise. Love to all of you!
No comments:
Post a Comment