Thursday, July 29, 2010

Looking Forward to New Beginnings

The day I have thought about for months is almost here. Ninety percent of our things are in boxes, our moving truck is booked, plane tickets for our moving helpers have been bought, and we will be on our way to Florida in just 59 hours. We've said goodbye to several of our friends and most of our family members, and it is finally starting to sink in. I will be living more than a 20-hour drive away from almost all of the people I love. Although living in Florida is magnificently exciting, it is also incredibly daunting. I remember the feeling I had when I first arrived to Estes Park in the summer of 2007. It wasn't a great feeling, knowing I would be far away from my family. Not only was that only for 11 weeks, but I was surrounded by more than 16 of my closest friends. I can't even imagine how it will feel to drive into Orlando and move into our Winter Park apartment, knowing we will be there for at least 2.5 years and that we won't see out family and friends for months. One thing is different though. I have an amazing, loving husband to lean on and cry with. I am so grateful to God for Erik and for the road our Father has laid out for us. Right now I am doing my best to stay faithful that we will find an apartment we like and that I will get a job. Of course we hope to find a great community, like Cornerstone, that we can call our home for the next few years. Any friends I make may not be able to compare to my current loved ones, but I look forward to meeting new people and making a new home for my new husband and me. Please pray that our transition will be smooth and our travels will be safe.

If you haven't noticed, this is a new blog I started. I will do my best to update it when we get to Florida and continue to write about our new adventure. For those of you reading on Facebook who would like to follow, the URL is http://www.erikandgina.blogspot.com/ Look for more when we get there!

No comments: